Lately I' ve been experiencing a strong and permanent urge to create. I feel compelled to do something creative everyday, whether it' s making something from scratch with my hands, playing with make up, writing, painting... I am trying to committ and find at least a moment everyday I can devote to art in any form. What you see in these pictures is what happens if you leave me with a free day, some brushes, lots of make-up and false eyelashes. You can click on the pictures to see their larger versions.
I felt like trying to paint on my face this creative spark that has been blessing me lately. I tried to give shape and colour to this inner life and dance, so vivid and magnetic, I just surrendered to that part of myself who' s always wild, alive and free, I just let her move the brush and pick the colours and the textures. I really loved the final result and I loved taking all the make-up off as a reminder that a spark is an ephemeral thing to be nurtured and kept alive every day with love and committment.
Here are some things you can do to keep being creative:
- Play with make-up, of course.
- Paint with and on whatever you have at home.
- Get a book of mandala shapes to colour.
- Create a new recipe with whatever lies in your fridge.
- Take a tour on Pinterest to get inspired.
- Schedule your days so you have at least a moment every day you can devote to some creative project.
- Watch some DIY videos on You Tube.
- Decorate any item with your favourite nail polish.
- Pick a nice exhibition to visit during the weekend.
- Find a nice e-course to learn something new.